Shipquay Street

image/svg+xml
Location
Derry, Northern Ireland
Client
Private
Contract Value
Undisclosed

Built in 1832, 12 Shipquay Street is a significant piece of Victorian architecture with a commanding presence within the historic Derry city walls. In 1923 it was further upgraded by Belfast architects F&J McArdle for the new owners, Munster & Leinster Bank. The existing sandstone building façade retains the two crests with 1923 engraved in the art stone parapet.

GRADONARCHITECTURE was engaged to turn this historic bank into a mixed use building with 5 new one and two bed modern apartments on the upper levels and commercial allocation on the ground floor.